I want to challenge each and every one of you to improve and update your FMA. You may not like it. But I guarantee if you complete my challenge, nobody will fuck with you.
And you have 45 days to accomplish it. Please keep an open mind–and I am speaking to my own students as well…
Let’s get right into it.
- Complete 1,000 strikes of every strike in your system’s curriculum
- Complete 1,000 blocks of every block in your system’s curriculum
- Come up with and perform 500 times each basic counter to your system’s basic numbering system
- Devise counters for each disarm in your style’s system–and do each one 500 times
- Perform 1,000 pushups
- Get an indestructible target and mark a small, coin-sized target on that target. Strike it 1,000 times
- Identity each of your system’s footwork movements, and perform it 1,000 times
- Perform 1,000 squats
- Devise 5 attack combinations and perform them 1,000 times
- Devise 5 defensive combinations and perform them 1,000 times
- If your system has a basic form/kata, perform it 100 times
- Practice 100 rounds of sparring and/or bag work
Trust me, no seminar on earth with give you the boost in understanding and skill that this challenge will give you. I have an idea for a weekend Eskrima camp to duplicate this challenge. Is anyone interested in participating? You do this, and the next seminar you attend you might even find yourself better than the Master teaching it.
Thanks for visiting my blog.